Wednesday 17 September 2008

Random Jottings

These are a few further points about programs already featured here, plus a musing about Adsense.

Viralurl
I’ve already talked about the benefits of Viralurl-- how essential it is to have a decent link cloaker if you are promoting affiliate programs, how you can build an ongoing, residual income from the referral program, and how it will help you to build a list.

The thing I didn’t mention is just how handy it is.

Most of us have to repeatedly insert the links for the programs we are promoting into any number of places. This usually involves struggling to remember long urls, that stretch into the distance, or going to the affiliate site, finding the referral link and then copy and pasting it.

However with Viralurl you only have to remember the core part of the url, which will then be the same for all your programs, and add an Id to it. For instance the Id for this blog is obviously weeklywinna and the second page winna2.

I find I can remember the Ids for most of my programs and when required, just type them in off the top of my head.

I would like to think that this program will help you save, and make money, and will make your life easier too.

GDI
One program I didn’t mention in my previous post is Networkstarteam.
They call themselves “the hottest Training Center For Your GDI Business”
They exist solely to promote GDI and like most programs are free with an optional upgrade.
One thing that is useful is that they have a direct link to a number of GDI capture pages, which are hidden away somewhere, if you wanted to find them, on the GDI site.
I hope this info. is useful to GDI members.

Free Viral
Traffic Digger
I haven’t done a post on these two traffic building programs, but have advertised them quietly in the background.
However if, like most of us, you are forever looking to send traffic to your sites/biz ops etc. they are worth a serious look at.
They are completely free and allow you to put an ad on their page.
All you have to do to get traffic to your ad is get referrals, you don’t have to do any surfing.
If you use traffic exchanges you are probably fed up with surfing anyway, but by adding these two programs to your exchanges, you will pick up referrals, which will build up the number of hits on your ads. As your referrals get referrals the number of hits to your ads will grow sharply and your site will get increasing traffic, with next to no effort on your part.

Acme-People-Search
Bit early to give a full report, but this is looking very promising.
I am getting a steady stream of referrals all of which are worth up to $30, if they carry on in the program, after their free trial period.
I am almost at the end of mine but will definitely stay in, as I only need one of the referrals to keep going to be breaking even, any number above this is profit.
Also, don’t forget that Acme is doing a lot of the work for me, and will follow up leads for twelve months provided I stay in the system. I am also making money from the leads that I am sending to one of the programs that I have become an affiliate of, through joining Acme.
Will post further when a reasonable number of the referrals have got to the end of their trial period and I have a better idea of how things are likely to go in the long term.

ADSENSE OR NONSENSE?
Lots of people who have websites and blogs cover them in Adsense aka Google ads.
To make any money out of these you need to have hundreds, probably thousands of clicks. Not easy unless you have hundreds of websites.
I am always coming across websites/blogs that are so infested with these ads it is difficult to read the content that is hidden amongst them.
What prompted me to comment on this is that earlier today I clicked on a site that sold screensavers.
When I arrived at the site, right in my eyeline were two large Google ads for, guess what --screensavers, because Adsense picks ads to display, that are relevant to the site they are displayed on.
Therefore visitors will possibly click on one these before they even look at the site itself, and never return. This is sales down the pan.
I also believe that if you use Adsense on sites that are on traffic exchanges, your account can be closed down, and you wont get it back. Worth thinking about.

No comments: