Saturday 3 January 2009

Wishing You A Successful 2009

Hope you all had a good new year and that you have resolved to make more money from internet marketing [IM] in 2009.

I say this because like me you have probably often seen the well known statistic--97% of people who get involved in IM fail.
Having been involved in this for a while now I can see the reason why, or to be precise I can see the two main reasons.

1} People don’t want to put the effort into it. IM is hard work.

2} They also expect to do everything for free, and think money will roll in.

Why do I think this?

Because I can see the behavioural pattern of the people who join programs under me.
About half will sign in and then do nothing. OK, this is fair enough. If they sign in to have a good look and decide the program is not for them, that’s fine. It’s their choice.
However, if they are put off because they realise there might be some work involved, they will never get anywhere.

Of the ones who sign up and activate their accounts, many appear to do nothing, don’t build their own downlines and only a minority upgrade.
Now I realise that some of these people might be working very hard to attract referrals, and to them I apologise, they need as much help as possible, and this is one of the reasons I write this blog. There should be something in here that they can use to get traffic, or build a list, and become successful.

I also realise that if you have a tight budget, upgrading is difficult. All I can say here is, get in as much money as you can with free methods, and gradually upgrade when you can afford to, as it will make a big difference. When you do this, have a look at some of the one time offers or special deals that most programs regularly put out.
To learn about free marketing have a look at www.thebummarketingmethod.com, a very popular source of information, by Travis Sago. You will learn a lot about article marketing, and much more.

The other thing I would advise anyone to do is to join IM forums, read the posts and join in the discussions. You can learn practically anything there and save yourself a fortune, by not needing to buy expensive ebooks.
I am a member of several but particularly like ewealth.com and whydowork.com.

I have put this post in to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and to try and galvanize, those that need it, into action.
I haven’t put in any supersonic new programs in the hope of making a few extra bucks, there are enough of those, in previous posts, to keep any serious marketers happy.

On a personal level, now that I have retired from my 9-5 job I am experimenting with moving back to my home town, Chester. I have an elderly step mum there, who can no longer look after herself very well, and I am going to see whether my sharing her house would be a suitable arrangement for both of us.

I haven't made enough money yet, to swan off anywhere, and start my posts "From the yacht of". Just not having to rely on a meagre pension is a good enough reward for the moment, plus having a pension at all has it's own novelty value, when it's a new experience.

Will, however find time to hit the slopes, in the near future, and will try not to break anything.

No comments: